A collective voice the key to success
On August 1, 1949, leaders representing 37 businesses from across the district joined together to form the Chemainus and District Chamber of Commerce with the common goal of promoting a collective interest in ensuring the success of local business for the betterment of the overall community. Today, their legacy lives on through the Chamber and a renewed commitment to economic sustainability that will pave the way forward in the years to come.
Left: Copy of the original Board of Trade certificate, August 1, 1949. Click on the + icon to view the full PDF. Below top: CHEMAINUS, Mill and Town View c.1924-1949 RPPC (reproduced in Chemainus Valley Courier, Don Bodger). Bottom: The Chemainus Waterfront with Gordon Wharf & Dock Co. Ltd. in the distance, the current Jones Marine building (photo by R. Sadd, reproduced in Chemainus Valley Courier, Don Bodger).